Decrease Font Increase Font

FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616

1. JULY 21, 2017 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.

2. Attendance:

Ron Haygood -- President Bob Cope – Treasurer
Phred Sevening – Secretary Bob Baert
Barnie Gavin Evan Smith
Ken Williams Bob Crabtree
A.J. Harrison  

3. MINUTES: The June 2017 meeting minutes were read and approved.

4. TREASURER'S REPORT: Was presented and filed for audit.

5. CHAPTER REPORTS:

  1. ALAMO CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
  2. ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
  3. GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
  4. HERITAGE CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
  5. NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
  6. ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input.

6. OLD BUSINESS:

  1. Update on Vigilant Partner Program. Ron Haygood and Mark Hess met separately to explore ideas on making the Vigilant Parnter Program more viable. Ron presented their ideas at the meeting for Board of Directors' approval and implementation. Professional signs will be made with Vigilant Partner company logos and placed at some of the holes on the golf course during the Anniversary Week Golf Tournament. Ron will work with 25 AF Protocol to ensure Vigilant Partner companies are seated with appropriate 25 AF leaders (e.g. a comms/IT contributor will sit with A/6).
  2. USAFSS Display at the NMUSAF. Nothing new to submit.
  3. Larson Awards Update. The second round of Larson Award testing is underway. Current plans within 25 AF leadership is to bring all the winners TDY to San Antonio in November in conjunction with the Group and Wing Commander and Command Chief conference to allow for formal recognition, most likely at a banquet. FTVA BOD can expect a funding request from within 25 AF to help support the events.

7. NEW BUSINESS: None presented.

8. CORRESPONDENCE:

  1. Received an email asking for hats. This request will get passed to Ted Colquhoun.
  2. Received an email asking for details on Reunion activities. All info is posted on the FTVA website.

9. AROUND THE ROOM:

  1. Barnie Gavin.
    1. A request came in from the 93 IS Booster Club for assistance in standing up a 501.C.3 corporation to allow them to manage their funds. Bob Cope offered to assist with that process, but it is likely that they do not qualify.
    2. Second, didn't Andy Smith create an FTVA Facebook account? Would it be possible to link the Alamo Chapter to that?
  2. Ken Williams.I met with Ms Mary Padron from SSFCU to reserve their Directors' Conference Room as the venue for the FTVA BOD General Membership Meeting on Saturday, 30 September this year. They arranged for SSFCU Security to be available to badge in visitors. We are still working out the details on audio/visual support to show slides at the meeting. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to hold the 2017 General Membership Meeting in the SSFCU Boardroom at 0930 on 30 September. Ken is also working with the USAF Band of the West to provide background music during the banquet. More to follow on this as details get worked out.
  3. A.J. Harrison.
    1. Names of the 2017 Hall of Honor selectees have been sent to 25 AF/CC for approval and formal announcement. Waiting to hear back from the NAF before making names public.
    2. The FTVA homepage still suffers from intermittent access from work for 25 AF members. Would it be possible for the 25 AF PA to add a link to the site from 25 AF homepage?
    3. Would it be possible to somehow get access to the names of 25 AF members who are retiring, so we can reach out to them in hopes of getting them on board as new members. Ron Haygood will get with 25 AF/A1 to explore what is possible; Privacy Act issues will probably be the biggest impediment to making this happen.
    4. Mr Keith Thomas will retire on September 6th in the BALA.
  4. Ron Haygood.
    1. I attended a recent meeting led by the 25 AF lead, Capt Angela Mornese, to provide status updates on 2017 Anniversary Week preparations. Everything is on track and under control.
    2. I talked to the outgoing Alaska Mission Operations Center (AMOC) Commander about preserving a piece of the FLR-9 antenna. So far there are no issues preventing this from happening.
    3. Reminder that the next meeting will be held on Security Hill, bldg. 2007 (Larson Hall). Date and time TBD.

10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1424. The next meeting will be on Friday, the 25th of August 2017 on Security Hill, building 2007 (Larson Hall), in the Commander's Conference Room starting at 1330.

 

 

//Signed//
Loren R. "Phred" Sevening
FTVA Secretary

Home
Association Officers
 
Board of Directors (BOD) Minutes
Scheduled BOD Meetings
FTVA History Reports
Our mailing address is: To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:

Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616

File last updated: August 26, 2017 2:28:12 PM CDT