FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. NOVEMBER 18, 2016 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.
|Ron Haygood - President
||Bob Cope - Treasurer
3. MINUTES: The October 2016 meeting minutes were read and approved.
4. TREASURER'S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- Update on CMSgt Tom Tennant Hall (97 IS). Package arrived at 25th AF on 17 November, currently in staffing.
- Changes to Anniversary Week: Board opted to recommend that the Hall of Honor Induction Ceremony be moved to Friday morning to spur HQ 25 AF attendance and interest and shorten time obligations on Saturday morning. All other activities will remain on usual days, precise times to be determined.
- 91st Cyberspace Ops Squadron request for assistance with heritage initiative on hold due to illness/absence of key personnel.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- Change Chapter updates POC from VP to Secretary. Electing to table this idea for now; general consensus is VP is well-positioned to deal with chapters due to usual procedure of assuming presidency.
- FTVA Actions as a result of SSFCU move. Ron will determine who our liaison is with SSFCU (perhaps either Joe Hurst or Grover Jackson) to determine if we can still use a designated facility for Executive Board meetings. Ron will investigate the ramifications on mail, as our PO Box is still at SSFCU.
- Board voted to provide Maj Octavia Heard with gift for her work during the reunion.
- Discussed Larson Awards procedures and efforts to garner more FTVA recognition; Ron has already worked some with Chief Towberman.
- BOD voted to provide the Knights Watch Booster Club (25 AF) with $500 to support the Holiday Party (formal request via letter from TSgt Kenneth Elwood, President). Bob Cope prepared check for Lee to present to TSgt Elwood.
- FTVA BOD Holiday Dinner (for board members and spouses) will be held at County Line BBQ (I-10/Huebner) on 21 Jan 2017 at 6:00 pm.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM: Barnie Gavin introduced Leroy Rogers (FTVA lifetime member), who provided a short briefing on the Airman Heritage Museum at Lackland.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1440. The next meeting will be on Friday, the 20th of January 2017 at a location to be determined.
Acting FTVA Secretary (For this meeting)