Monday, April 24, 2017
FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
1. AUGUST 19, 2016 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1402 hours in the 25th Air Force Commander's Conference Room, building 2007 (Larson Hall), on Security Hill. The FTVA monthly meeting was called to order immediately following Anniversary Week status update to 25th Air Force Vice Commander.
3. FTVA Anniversary Week Update: The primary purpose of holding the meeting in the 25th Air Force Commander's Conference Room in August each year is to provide a dual update to FTVA Board of Directors and members, and the 25th Air Force leadership. Because the 25 AF Commander, Maj Gen Shwedo, is TDY, this meeting was led by the Vice Commander, Brig Gen-Select Colonel James Cluff. Major Octavia Heard, the 25 AF overall lead for the anniversary week events delivered an excellent presentation on status of events for next month.
4. MINUTES: The July 2016 meeting minutes were read and approved.
5. TREASURER'S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
6. CHAPTER REPORTS:
7. OLD BUSINESS:
8. NEW BUSINESS: CMSgt Tennant Hall at Offutt AFB. The 97 IS is leading the effort to name one of the ops buildings on base after Chief Tennant. There is a chance the FTVA Board of Directors will have an opportunity to provide funding, so a motion was made, seconded, and approved to fund a reasonable amount if and when we are contacted for help.
9. CORRESPONDENCE: President Ron Haygood received an email from member William G. Ballard inquiring about FTVA shirts. After short discussion it was agreed to table this action until the October meeting to allow members time to do some research before we commit.
10. AROUND THE ROOM:
11. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1503. The next meeting will be in the Annual General Membership Meeting in the Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA) immediately following the State of the NAF (Numbered Air Force) presentation by 25th Air Force Commander Major General Shwedo.
|Our mailing address is:||
To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:
Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616
|File last updated: November 1, 2016 4:45:12 PM CDT|