FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. NOVEMBER 20, 2015 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood - President
||Andy Smith -- Vice President
|Bob Cope - Treasurer
||Phred Sevening - Secretary
3. MINUTES of the October 2015 meeting were read and approved.
4. TREASURER'S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Nothing to report.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Nothing to report.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Nothing to report.
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Nothing to report.
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Nothing to report.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Nothing to report.
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER: Nothing to report.
6. OLD BUSINESS: USAFSS Display at the National Museum of the Air Force. No real discussion ensued, other than general consensus that we need to get this moving.
7. NEW BUSINESS: Memorial Park for Skivvy Niners: After some discussion, mutual agreement was reached that this is a project that benefits one specific unit and not in our best interests to support.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM:
- Ron Haygood: There was a 25th Air Force Senior Leader conference this week, and I was able to get on the agenda to deliver a short presentation on the FTVA and explained how the FTVA helped fund the Larson Awards. I should be able to get some pictures from their Public Affairs and make them available for the next Newsletter. I cleared with the 25 AF JAG to allow us to increase the visibility of FTVA within the 25 AF Headquarters. I think the Anniversary Week events went well, not as many associated organizations as I expected (e.g. Prop Wash Gang, Maintainers, etc). As always, if you have any ideas on how to make it better, please let us know.
- Andy Smith: I attended the Larson Award dinner at Maj Gen Shwedo's house and I spoke with all the Larson Award winners about the benefits of the FTVA.
- Ken Williams: Think about a date for the Spring Social, looking at same place. After short discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to lock in 2 April as primary date with 9 April as back-up date.
- Phred Sevening: Chief Roger Towberman, the 25 AF Command Chief, told me he intends to sign up as an FTVA Life Member. I will get that application and money from him.
- Dennis Rassmussen: We have reached the point that we do not have enough room in the Newsletter for all the input, forcing us to work harder at editing to ensure we fit everything in. Rass's comment started a short discussion that concluded with agreement that Rass is the editor and he has free reign to edit as he sees fit; and as an added incentive for everyone to get the Newsletter online, everything that is submitted will go in the online version and the slightly limited/edited material will go in the hard copy.
- Bob Baert: Need to order new envelopes for the next mailing.
- Bob Cope: The Rocky Mountain President is George “Ike” Eichelberger, please update the Newsletter. We recently updated the bank account to reflect the current Board of Directors.
- Barnie Gavin: I will share the minutes of our latest meeting once they are complete. We are working with the Gold Country Chapter to obtain a Nebula Box to display within 25 AF Headquarters.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1424. The next meeting will be in the SSSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 15 January, 2016.
Loren R. "Phred" Sevening