Thursday, April 27, 2017
FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
1. September 27, 2014 FTVA ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING. After Vice President Andy Smith determined we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1201 hours in the Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA), building 2007 (Larson Hall), HQ Air Force ISR Agency, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
2. Attendee who traveled the farthest: Several states mentioned but no determination made on who traveled the farthest. California, Washington (state), New Jersey and Washington DC were all mentioned.
3. Attendee with the earliest employment connection was Bob Finch who started his service in 1952.
4. Reading of the Minutes: Minutes of the SEP 2013 FTVA General Membership Meeting were read and approved.
5. Treasurer's report: Was read and filed for audit.
6. Vigilant Partners Update: Jim McLendon provided excellent update on the Vigilant Partners program and its continued success. Corporate donations are down, but individual donations are up.
7. Hall of Honor Update: A.J. Harrison thanked everyone for their help and contributions during the Hall of Honor nomination and selection process for the year. The 176th HoH member was inducted today and joins a small number of exceptional and highly deserving members. There were 17 nomination packages submitted this year; and, as always, the selection process was difficult.
8. Social Activities Update: Ken Williams provided a recap of the Spring Social earlier this year. It was held off base again, and was very successful, we plan to continue with the off-base venue. The banquet this year is the largest ever with a total of 310 tickets sold. Cocktail hour starts at 1730; hope to see you there.
9. Sports Update. Ron Haygood updated on behalf of Dennis Buxton who could not be here. The golf outing was another tremendous success, enjoyed by all. Joe Hurst got to golf for the first time in years, thanks to Dennis taking over his duties as Sports Chair.
10. Picnic Update: Jacque Lerma briefed that the picnic this year was another great event. Donations totaled $890.
11. Newsletter Update: Dennis Rassmussen provided an update on Newsletter highlights and activities over the past year. He repeated his thanks to the many people who have opted to switch to receiving the Newsletter electronically because it saves us time, money, and effort (not to mention paper). Ted Colquhoun manages the Fallen Eagles program; in order to ensure that data is presented in the Newsletter, need some help please. Chief Joe "Pepito" Figueroa volunteered to be the Fallen Eagles Editor for the Newsletter.
12. FTVA History Update: Barnie Gavin provided a recap of the previous year's history and let us know that he adjusted the time window of the history report to match the General Membership Meeting. The annual History Reports are now available on the FTVA website.
13. Chapter Reports:
15. ELECTION OF OFFICERS: Bob Cope was re-elected as Treasurer, and Loren "Phred" Sevening was re-elected as Secretary, both for two-year terms.
16. OPEN FORUM:
17. There being no further business, a motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1309.
|Our mailing address is:||
To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:
Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616
|File last updated: September 28, 2015 7:05:06 PM CDT|