FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 782691616
1. MARCH 21, 2014 BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood -- President
||Phred Sevening - Secretary
||Col Mike Shields, AFISRA Senior Liaison
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the February, 2014 meeting were read and approved.
4. TREASURER'S REPORT: Was not read.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- MENTORING PROGRAM: No updates.
- SPRING SOCIAL: Had a good turnout, around 80 people; overall a good event. Things to consider for next year, the possibility of a better menu selection (greater variety of food). There was enough food and room for those who attended; but could get cramped if attendance picks up.
- FTVA BANNER: The unknown for getting the banner updated is what the new symbol will be for whatever NAF the current Air Force ISR Agency becomes. Everything else looks good.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- ANNIVERSARY WEEK POC: Maj Waters stepped up to be the AFISRA lead for the 2014 Anniversary Week events; he plans to attend the next meeting to get things rolling.
- AIR FORCE ISR AGENCY PICNIC: Scheduled for 5 April; everything is on track and it looks to be a good event. FTVA donated funds to defray food costs. It might be a good opportunity to make a pitch for membership drive.
- AFISRA's FTVA SENIOR LIAISON: Col Mike Shields has submitted retirement paperwork, which will require a new Senior Liaison selection.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
8. AROUND THE ROOM. Nothing to report.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1408. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330, April 18, 2014.
Loren R. "Phred" Sevening