FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. May 17, 2013 BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: After determining that we had a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony - President
|Bob Cope - Treasurer
||Ted Colquhoun - Acting Secretary
|Maj Keith Rogers - AFISRA Anniversary Event POC
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the APR 2013 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
3. TREASURER'S REPORT: Read and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS
- U-28 DISPLAY AT USAFA: Display is still on target for 20 June 2013 with Lee Anthony as the guest speaker.
- HATS UPDATE: Ted Colquhoun has the hats until the Anniversary Week the end of SEP. They are available upon request.
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER COINS UPDATE: The Sunshine Chapter took it upon themselves to have Airmen's coins manufactured and they were donated to the 361st ISR Group at Hurlburt Florida for the Commander of that unit to present to Airmen who are returning from deployment. Board voted to contribute $500 to chapter via new treasurer (who will have to provide Bob with bank info), with notice to Jim Kaus that such activities in the future need to be coordinated prior to requesting funds. Bob Cope also providing a $280 check for membership in addition to the coin support.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
- GEN OTTO'S DEPARTURE: Gen Otto's going away dinner scheduled for 6 Jun and Change of Command at 0900 7 June 2013 at the Lackland AFB Club.
- FTVA Rep to AFISRA Anniversary Events - Julie Toso (SMSgt-ret) introduced as new FTVA liaison to AFISRA for FTVA/AFISRA Remembrance festivities.
- Golf - Joe passed on that golf would now cost $40 and tee-off time would be moved to 1:00 pm. No issues.
6. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
7. AROUND THE ROOM - Dennis Rassmussen, Bob Baert and Ted Colquhoun had a discussion on the Fallen Eagles database and plans to expedite future updates.
8. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1404. Next meeting will be June 21, 2013 in the SSFCU Board Room, starting at 1330.
EDWARD W. "TED" COLQUHOUN
Acting FTVA Secretary