FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. OCTOBER 21, 2011 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: President Lee Anthony determined that a quorum exists and called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in SSFCU BOD conference room.
|Lee Anthony -- President
||Ron Haygood -- Vice President
|Bob Cope -- Treasurer
||Tracey Callahan -- Acting Secretary
||A. J. Harrison
||Dennis "Rass" Rassmussen
|Wayne Amman -- HQ AFISRA/PA
3. MINUTES. The minutes of the AUG 2011 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER'S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS: NONE.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- The COLORADO CHAPTER is in the process of standing up, led by efforts of Barnie Gavin. The chapter followed the efforts of the Sunshine Chapter in Florida.
- Discussion held concerning the definition and qualification of relatives, spouses, widows, and children of past and present members took place. More research is required to ensure the Associate Members are aligned properly and do not conflict with the required membership as outlined in the charter and bylaws.
- VIGILANT PARTNERS. Donations will be redistributed to the chapters once the contribution is recorded. Vigilant Partners will get recognition in the overall master FTVA Vigilant Partners list and within the specified chapter for donation. Points were made to highlight Partners already contributing to FTVA may donate to their local chapters above and beyond current contributions. Chapters can not divert Vigilant Partner donations to other chapters.
- HALL OF HONOR QUALITY CONTROL. Procedures for ensuring accuracy on the FTVA Hall of Honor plaques will rest with the committee head in
- NAMETAGS for annual picnic. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to provide nametags for all Anniversary Week Picnic attendees.
- FTVA Anniversary Banquet for 2012. Ken Williams reserved the Lackland Gateway Club for Saturday, 29 SEP 2012 for next year's banquet. Motion made, seconded, and approved to change the meal from Chicken Cordon Bleu to Steak and Chicken, costing $30.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. NONE.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Bob Sherwood submitted his resignation as the Hall of Honor Chair, which was accepted by President Lee Anthony.
- Dennis Rasmussen stated that suspense for the next Newsletter is 1 NOV 2011.
- A.J. Harrison suggested we move up the FTVA picnic time to allow vendors more time to make money.
- Ken Williams announced that the Major General Doyle E. Larson Awards banquet will be on 27 OCT 2011.
- Wayne Amman stated that the AFISRA Website will host Remembrance Ceremony and Hall of Honor information. The FTVA will be featured on the Lackland Base newspaper, the TailSpinner.
- Ron Haygood reported that the AFCEA Alamo Chapter will host a three-day event in San Antonio in DEC. Gen Koziol is one of the guest speakers.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1530. Next meeting will be held Friday, 18 NOV 2011, in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330.
Acting FTVA Secretary