Thursday, April 27, 2017
FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
1. NOVEMER 18, 2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: After ascertaining that we have a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
3. MINUTES: The Minutes of the OCT 2011 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER'S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
a. COLORADO Chapter of the FTVA. Barnie Gavin has achieved amazing success in establishing an FTVA Chapter in Colorado where he recently moved PCS with his active duty wife. Their Board of Directors has been elected and their charter is in coordination. Everything is moving in the proper direction.
b. FTVA Contitution and By-Laws update. Joe Hurst will provide suggested updates to our guiding documents at the next meeting to ensure we remain current and accurate.
c. Hall of Honor Update. Chief (USAF, Ret) Bob Sherwood resigned from the position as Hall of Honor Chair; BOD members are encouraged to canvass the membership to find an appropriate person ready, willing, and able to take the program over. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to assign Mr Sherwood with the august title of Hall of Honor Chairman Emeritus to commemorate his outstanding efforts over all these years.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. Received nice thank-you letters from General Charlie Bishop and Chief Al Dowling (both USAF, ret) for their induction into the FTVA Hall of Honor.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1415. Reminder that there will be no meeting in December; the next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 20 JAN 2012.
|Our mailing address is:||
To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:
Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616
|File last updated: February 21, 2013 7:28:22 PM CST|