FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
- MARCH 18, 2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony – President
|| Ron Haygood -- Vice President
|Bob Cope -- Treasurer
||Loren "Phred" Sevening -- Secretary
|Wayne Amann -- AFISRA/PA
- MINUTES: The Minutes of the FEB 2011 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
- TREASURER'S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
- OLD BUSINESS: Nothing to report.
- Building Dedication at Goodfellow AFB. The Heritage Chapter is seeking ways to get involved in the project. In anticipation of supporting them financially and otherwise, a motion was made, seconded, and approved to send up to $1000 to the Heritage Chapter in support if activity to publicize itself and the FTVA.
- Anniversary Week Preparations. Need to start thinking about all the documents that need to be prepared for Anniversary Week this coming September.
- CORRESPONDENCE. A request came in citing a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for information related to Agent Orange use on Guam during the Vietnam War. The query was referred to the AFISRA History Office.
- AROUND THE ROOM.
- Ron Haygood: Working with Ken Williams on the Spring Social, coordinating with A3 to get the list of deployed Airmen over the past year; if we have sufficient quantities, each returning Airman will get an FTVA hat and coin. Lee Anthony will check inventory to see if we can accommodate.
- Jim McLendon: Waldo Klein donated to the Vigilant Partners program again this year.
- Wayne Amann: Lots going on in the Agency Headquarters. Gen Heithold remains a vigilant road warrior, off to DC this coming week. Seven AFISRA Airmen were recognized at the Air Force level Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Awards Program (AFISRAP).
- Joe Hurst: Golf tournament preps for Anniversary Week well underway. Already got the sleeves of golf balls that will be given to each player who signs up. Everything else is under control.
- There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1406. Next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 15 APR 2011.
Loren R. "Phred" Sevening