FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JULY 16, 2010 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: Vice President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood -- Vice President
||Bob Cope -- Treasurer
|Wayne Amann -- AFISRA/PA
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the June 2010 meeting were read and approved.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS
- SENIOR SCOUT Model. A check for the SENIOR SCOUT plaque has been sent to the contractor (Southwell Co.); it will be available for the SCOUT "unveiling" on 24 September. The basic contract has been awarded to Lockheed-Martin; they anticipate that it will be ready for the dedication.
- One of our members has asked that his annual membership dues be made part of a lifetime member dues. No problem; Bob Baert will do it.
- Anniversary events update. Our banquet music will be a pianist from AFISRA. We need to ramp up on the protocol, etc. for General Mike Hayden.
- President Anthony had a very good meeting with Chief Ricker (New AFIRSA/CCC) He is appreciative of what FTVA does to support the ISR Agency.
- The appointment of a new AFISRA liaison to FTVA is still on hold.
- Thanks to outstanding financial support by the SSFCU to our partners program. Based on this support, the BOD approved a transfer of $500 to help with the golf tourney.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
- The BOD was given a short review of "Joint Base San Antonio." Although it is a “work in progress," the outcome would affect AFISRA and, possibly, FTVA activities, as well.
- The PRIDE STORE is doing well, thanks to all who support that venture for AFISRA.
- A good outcome on obtaining an R-390 receiver for the display in 81dg.2000. The AFIRSA historian' office believes that we can get one "for free."
6. CORRESPONDENCE. NONE.
7. AROUND THE ROOM. N/A.
8. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1420. Next meeting will be August 20, 2010 in Larson Hall (bldg 2007) ISR Agency Commander’s conference room at 1330.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING