FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JUNE 19, 2009 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Chris Cook – President
||Loren “Phred” Sevening – Secretary
|Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen
|| A.J. Harrison
|Col Hank Toussaint, AFISRA Liaison
||Wayne Amann -- AFISRA/PA
|Linda Roque, AFISRA/Protoco
||Glenda Strong, visitor from San Antonio Veteran’s Affairs
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the May 2009 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer’s report was reviewed and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS
a. The last SECURITY SERVICE Airman in Uniform. Because USAFSS did not own any of the technical training schools in 1979, the chances of anyone enlisted who served with USAFSS are quite slim. About the only chance of this happening is if somebody had a break in service and came back in and is still serving. The one and only commissioned officer anyone could think of that served with USAFSS is Lt Gen Koziol. Still working to determine total list of those who served with USAFSS who are still on active duty. The number has to be quite small.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
a. Ed Stacy passing. Discussion about how best to commemorate his passing, as he had such an impact on this business. The PropWash Gang is sending a representative to his funeral.
b. 2009 Reunion update:
(1) Golf Tournament. On track.
(2) Picnic. On track.
(3) Remembrance Ceremony. On track.
(4) Hall of Honor Induction. On track, with 18 nomination packages under consideration this year. The event will be in the HQ Air Force ISR Agency courtyard. The CAG Chief will collaborate with Mr Sherwood to ensure the script is ready.
(5) Banquet. On track. SSgt Carter will play the piano again this year to provide the musical entertainment. There have only been two responses so far for base access passes for the event.
c. 2009 Veteran’s Affairs arts and crafts show. This year the event is in San Antonio. They are looking for manpower and funding support. Ms Glenda Strong from Veteran’s Affairs passed around some examples of the artwork that will be on display and for sale at the event. All artwork made by veterans. Discussion ensued about FTVA providing a donation, decided to TABLE the decision for the June meeting.
6. CORRESPONDENCE. NONE.
7. AROUND THE ROOM:
a. Col Hank Toussaint presented an update on 24 AF and AFCYBER proceedings.
b. Wayne Amann from AFISRA/PA provided a recap of the San Antonio Military Advisors Committee visit to the Air Force ISR Agency recently. Relayed that it was a great visit and the Agency Commander is intent on expanding this type of relationship with the local community. Also, one of the Agency Ambassadors will be in the 4th of July parade downtown. Finally, Air Force ISR Agency/PA will have an Agency booth at an upcoming conference in Orlando, FL.
8. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1430. Next meeting will be July 17, 2009 in the SSFCU Board Room, starting at 1330.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING