Monday, April 24, 2017
FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
1. SEPTEMBER 26, 2009 ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1154 hours in HQ Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Agency's Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA), Larson Hall (Building 2007) on Security Hill. Chris opened the meeting by expressing his gratitude for all the membership support for the reunion activities.
2. QUORUM. President Cook called for a quorum. Phred Sevening, FTVA Secretary, determined we have a quorum. Meeting proceeded.
3. MINUTES: The 2008 FTVA General Membership Meeting minutes from September 27, 2008 were read and approved. President Cook followed by expressing his appreciation to Gen Heithold, and Staff (Director of Staff, Commander's Action Group, Protocol, Public Affairs) for the continued outstanding support to FTVA and all our activities throughout the year. Thanks for braving the weather, heat, etc. and giving up tee times to be here and sharing information with us.
4. TREASURER'S REPORT: The Treasurer's Report was presented, discussed, and filed for audit.
5. VIGILIANT PARTNERS PROGRAM. Jim McLendon presented an update on the Vigilant Partners program's newest members and overall program status.
6. HISTORY REPORT. Historian Lee Anthony announced that copies of the FTVA Annual History report for the previous year were available.
7. MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT. Bob Baert was not present so no membership support report was available. President Cook commented about the excellent job Bob continues to do for us.
8. MEMBERSHIP. This new program focuses specifically on increasing our membership in the organization, with Kenny O'Neal as the Chair for the Membership Program. Kenny was off on a short tour of Afghanistan and could not be here with us to present a membership report.
9. HALL OF HONOR. Program Chair Bob Sherwood reported that this is the 27th FTVA Hall of Honor Induction Ceremony this morning, bringing the total inducted into the Hall of Honor to 155. As Hall of Honor program chair for the last eight years, Bob requested the FTVA membership reflect on worthy nominations for next year, because each year gets tougher. Thanks to the entire committee for their excellent dedication
10. AIR FORCE ISR AGENCY LIAISON. President Chris Cook mentioned several Air Force ISR Agency active duty members who are active with FTVA: Col Amanda Gladney who PCSd earlier this year, Col Hank Toussaint, Mr Wayne Amman, Kenny O'Neal and others. The official Air Force ISR Agency Liaison to FTVA is Col Hank Toussaint.
11. SOCIAL ACTIVITIES. Program Chair Ken Williams shared with us that there are two main social events for FTVA each year, the Spring Fling and the annual Banquet. Last year was the 60th anniversary and there were a total of 302 banquet tickets sold. This year there were 250 tickets sold. The guest speaker is the Commander of the Air Force ISR Agency, Major General Heithold. Cocktails start at 1740 and dinner starts at 1830. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
12. CHAPTER REPORTS.
13. ELECTION OF OFFICERS. According to the bylaws of the Freedom Through Vigilance Association, each election within the organization must be overseen by an election committee to manage the process and properly vet the nominees. Election Committee Chair Dennis "Rass" Rassmussen presented Lee Anthony as the candidate for FTVA President, and Ron Haygood as the candidate for FTVA Vice President. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to accept the new candidates as officially elected into office.
14. Constitution and By-Laws update. Joe Hurst. We updated both documents, and then posted them on the website for review. The updates were mostly administrative, and there were a couple minor changes to clarify some of the language. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to accept the changes to the documents.
15. Base Security. Chris Cook made some remarks about how base security is getting quite strict, making it difficult for our members who do not have an appropriate ID card to get on base. Thanks to Air Force ISR Agency Security Team, led by Bob Eddy, the restrictions were eased significantly for us and we appreciate the efforts.
16. OPEN FORUM.
17. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 1237. The next FTVA Board of Directors meeting will be on October 16, 2009 in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330. Remain in Touch!
|Our mailing address is:||
To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:
Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616
|File last updated: February 21, 2013 7:28:10 PM CST|