Thursday, April 27, 2017
FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
1. MAY 16, 2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU BOD Conference Room. Attendance:
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the April 2008 meeting were read and approved as amended.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: The Treasurer’s Report was presented and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS
2) 60th ANNIVERSARY: Joe Hurst reiterated that everything is on track for the Golf Tournament. Bob Sherwood reported that everything’s good to go for the Hall of Honor ceremony, which will be outside this year (weather permitting). Maj Wolliver briefed that the status of Band of the West has changed and they are no longer available for the Banquet. The BOD decided there would be no music either during or after the meal. Coordination for the fly-over is progressing on schedule and we expect 149th signed approval by the end of June. All paperwork for base passes is done. Chris Cook indicated the reunion packet is with Bob Baert and ready for printers to send with the June Newsletter package.
b. PLAQUES FOR AIRCRAFT MODELS. AFISR Agency’s correspondence and negotiations with the foundry and industry are moving through the coordination process at HQ. Marco Aldaz will work out the wording on plaques for Gen Koziol’s approval. A lengthy discussion followed on various ways the FTVA can raise funds in support of this project. Three proposals surfaced: Life-Member patron partner support (separate mail out to Life Members), Anniversary Coin sales and A.J. Harrison proposed soliciting donations for a plastic Anniversary Mug at the picnic beer booth. The BOD looked favorably on all three initiatives, however, Chris Cook tabled this item until Bob Cope is available (at the June meeting). Ron Haygood suggested the new AFISR Agency Historian be invited to our next BOD meeting.
c.) GOODFELLOW NCOA DEACTIVATION. Our cub reporter, Rass, will be taking pictures and notes at the ceremony and graduation.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
b) A3 CONFERENCE ROOM DEDICATION. to CMSgt (Ret) Mahoney. Marco will coordinate to obtain photos of the dedication. A short article was included in the June Newsletter.
7. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1510. The next meeting will be held on Friday, June 20, 2008, in the SSFCU Board of Directors Conference Room at 1330.
Dennis L. Rassmussen
|Our mailing address is:||
To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:
Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616
|File last updated: February 21, 2013 7:28:07 PM CST|