Decrease Font Increase Font

FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION            6/20/2008
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616

1.  JUNE 20, 2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING:  President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU BOD Conference Room. Attendance:

Chris Cook – President  Loren "Phred" Sevening -- Secretary
Dennis "Rass" Rassmussen  Joe Hurst
Doug Holden   Bob Sherwood
Ron Haygood MSgt Rafael Rodriguez -- SENSOR OLYMPICS
Bob Crabtree  Kenny O'Neal
Bob Baert Col Hank Toussaint

2.  MINUTES: The Minutes of the May 2008 meeting were read and approved as written.

3.  TREASURER'S REPORT: The Treasurer's Report was presented and filed for audit.

4.  OLD BUSINESS


A. ANNIVERSARY EVENTS.

 
            1)  HATS.  Bob Crabtree.  Probably half of the hats are done now, but will wait until they are all done before picking them up. They will be available at golf, picnic and banquet venues and if any are left over they may then be offered on-line. The possibility of getting shirts made was discussed but decided against as it is not in our charter to participate in any commercial venture. If anyone wants a shirt from the vendor that is doing the hats for us, Bob Crabtree will provide store details for us so we can go there as individuals.


2)  60th ANNIVERSARY:

a.  Golf Tournament: Joe Hurst.  Joe reiterated that everything is on track for the Golf Tournament. 
b.  Hall of Honor: Bob Sherwood. Bob reported that the Hall of Honor selection committee met earlier this week and 17 nomination packages were considered this year. The Hall of Honor induction ceremony is planned to be held in the ISR Agency headquarters courtyard; however, if the weather is inclement, the ceremony will be conducted in the Larger Auditorium
c. Remembrance Ceremony: Ron Haygood.  Ron briefed that the Remembrance Ceremony is on track. There may be a chance of a new active POC, but that will not affect overall status as everything is under control. He also brought up a suggestion to consider pursuing something he saw recently at a wedding: small hand-fans that we could print the reunion schedule of events on one side and FTVA logo or anything else (60th anniversary) we want on the other side. It will be hot out and the fans would come in handy. Doug Holden offered to assist by tracking down who in town might make them and a ballpark on the cost, and Ron is the overall POC tasked to bring details to the next meeting for us to decide to pursue this or not.
d.  Picnic:  AJ Harrison. AJ was not present, but everything appears to be on track.
e. Banquet: Ken Williams. Ken was not present, but everything appears to be on track.

B.  PLAQUES FOR AIRCRAFT MODELS.  Air Force ISR Agency Historian is evidently working some words for the plaques, but because FTVA is sponsoring them we want to have some say-so in the process. Bob Crabtree will coordinate with the Historian for an update.

C.  GOODFELLOW NCOA ACADEMY DEACTIVATION.  Our cub reporter, Rass Rassmussen, attended the event. Several past Commandants attended, and a time capsule that was buried by Kenny O'Neal's class was dug up for the event. JJ Graham from the Heritage Chapter is helping write an article for the next FTVA newsletter to fully describe the activities.

D. VIGILANT PARTNERS UPDATE. Chris Cook. The FTVA Board of Directors tentatively approved establishing a Platinum Partner level in the Vigilant Partners program. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to formally establish this new level. The PropWash Gang already stepped up and are the first to qualify for the new level.

E. AFISRA/A3 CONFERENCE ROOM DEDICATION CEREMONY. The Air Force ISR Agency A3 Conference Room was dedicated and renamed as the CMSgt James G. "Greg" Mahoney Conference Room. Chief Mahoney is an FTVA Hall of Honor Member who still works in the ISR Agency.

5. NEW BUSINESS.

A. FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS ROSTER. Phred Sevening. The 2007 roster was dusted off and sent around for updates to reflect the new Vice President and Membership Chairman. Once all info is up to date, the roster will be provided to the entire Board of Directors.

B. FTVA DONATION TO AFISRA HONOR GUARD. Motion was made, seconded, and approved for the FTVA to make the annual donation to Air Force ISR Agency Honor Guard. $2000 was approved for the 2008 donation.

C. FTVA TIES. One of our general members suggested an FTVA tie be created and made available. Discussion around the table reminded us that this is another one of those commercial ventures outside of our charter and so we will not pursue the idea. Many of us wear ties and all think it is a good idea. MSgt Rodriguez will take the idea to the Security Hill TOP III for consideration.

D. 60th ANNIVERSARY MEMENTOS. Several ideas were discussed regarding what should we get for a 60th anniversary memento. After lengthy discussion motion was made, seconded, and approved to purchase 500 coins for the event. John Knotts will honcho this effort.

6. CORRESPONDENCE.

A. LETTER OF INQUIRY was received asking us if a Japanese national who was employed at the USAFSS site at Wakanai Japan could become a member of FTVA. The person was hired as the Commander's translator at the unit. Decision was approved for him to become a member because he was actually employed at the unit.

B. CONGRATULATORY LETTER for General Hayden to honor his retirement. President Chris Cook drafted a letter to send to General Hayden for his retirement, and will send it soon. General Hayden is a member of FTVA.

C. LETTER OF APPRECIATION for Brig General Jouas, Air Force ISR Agency Vice Commander, was drafted by President Chris Cook. General Jouas is leaving the Agency next month for an assignment to PACAF. General Jouas has been a huge supporter of FTVA and will be missed.

7. AROUND THE ROOM:

A. MISAWA REUNION was a huge success, thanks to efforts by Ken Williams, Kenny O'Neal and several others. The team of USAFSS Pioneers from Misawa had a great time and sincerely appreciated the festivities. Each member received a certificate signed by the Air Force ISR Agency Commander, Major General Koziol.

B. SENSOR OLYMPICS UPDATE. MSgt Rodriguez shared dates for upcoming SENSOR O events with us. Their awards week is 13-17 OCT. The FTVA presentation and luncheon is on the 15th and the banquet is on the evening of the 16th. FTVA participation is highly encouraged. Theme for this year's banquet is "In Memory of General Larson" and the Larson Family will be invited.

C. NEW MEMBERSHIP PAMPHLETS printed and passed to Membership Chairman Kenny O'Neal.

D. UPDATE ON AFISRA STRUCTURE was presented by Ron Haygood. The 25th IS will be placed under the Agency next month. The 361st ISR Group will stand up at Hurlburt. Many changes regarding the 480th Intelligence Wing and subordinate units.

E. HOMETOWN HEROES UPDATE is needed. Kenny O'Neal will provide for the FTVA webpage.

F. NEXT FTVA NEWSLETTER inputs are due to cub reporter and all-around good guy Dennis "Rass" Rassmussen.

8.  There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1500.  The next meeting will be held on Friday, July 18, 2008, in the SSFCU Board of Directors Conference Room at 1330.

Respectfully Submitted, 

      //signed -- lrs//
LOREN R. "PHRED" SEVENING
FTVA Secretary

 
Home
Association Officers
 
Board of Directors (BOD) Minutes
Scheduled BOD Meetings
FTVA History Reports
Our mailing address is: To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:

Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616

File last updated: February 21, 2013 7:28:07 PM CST