Thursday, April 27, 2017
FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION 7/18/2008
1. JULY 18, 2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU BOD Conference Room. Attendance:
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the June 2008 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: The Treasurer’s Report was presented and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS
A. ANNIVERSARY EVENTS.
1) Golf Tournament: Joe Hurst. Everything is on track. Have 72 golfers signed up so far and the max capacity is 144. The upgrades to the golf course are looking good and will be done well before our event. Chuck Ham, the AFISRA Rep is heavily engage in making sure this event goes well.
2) Remembrance Ceremony: Lt Col Tim Woliver. Already coordinated with the 149th for the F-16 Missing Man flyover and that looks to be about as certain as can be at this point. Still working to get RC-135 participation but that remains difficult. Working on getting an RC-135 static display for the event and if that happens then there will be some logistical requirements such as bus transportation so people can tour the jet.
3) Hall of Honor Ceremony: Lt Col Tim Woliver and Bob Sherwood. The Hall of Honor Ceremony will be held in the Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA) this year. Four nominees will be inducted into the Hall of Honor this year.
4) Banquet: Lt Col Tim Woliver and Ken Williams. Working to get medical support for the event, and also to get a dedicated photographer. Everything else is on track. Last year 272 tickets were sold, and this year 63 tickets have already been sold. Maximum capacity is 300 and thee is a good chance we will hit that mark. Retired Lt General Clapper is the guest speaker.
5) Anniversary Events Presentation Meeting for Air Force ISR Agency Commander: The August FTVA Board of Directors Meeting will be on the 15th of August in Larson Hall (building 2007) to present the 60th Anniversary plans to General Koziol.
B. 60th ANNIVERSARY MEMENTOS.
1) HATS. Current Hat Honcho is Bob Crabtree but he will be TDY during the Anniversary events. Doug Holden will take over as the Hat Honcho for this year, backed up by Joe Hurst at the golf tournament. Chris Cook will contact John Knotts to see if he might want to help.
2) COINS. 500 commemorative coins have been ordered and each banquet attendee will get one coin. There will be 200 coins available for a nominal donation, which we hope to be at least $5 per coin.
C. PLAQUES FOR MODEL AIRCRAFT. Several different scale models of ISR aircraft will be placed on presentation stands in front of the ISR Agency headquarters building. FTVA Board of Directors voted to fund the plaques that will go with each model, depicting the role of the aircraft. Previous action from the FTVA Board of Directors was to approve the original three plaques but we found out today that two more aircraft models will be on permanent display. FTVA BOD voted to approve funding the other two. Aircraft planned for display are RC-135, Compass Call, U-2, Predator, and Global Hawk. General Koziol extends his sincere appreciation to FTVA for taking on this project.
D. SENSOR OLYMPICS. No change from last meeting.
E. HOMETOWN HEROES. No change from last meeting.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
A. HAND FANS for Anniversary festivities. Doug Holden. Doug did some research and found that we can get basic hand-fans with a patriotic picture on front (eagle, US flag, etc) along with one short line of text on the other side for about 63 cents each for an order of 500 fans. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to allow Doug to design and purchase 500 fans.
B. Medical Issues connected with various USAFSS/ESC/AFIC/AIA/AFISRA assignments. Over the years there have been some common trends regarding medical issues that appear to be connected to various assignments within the Agency and its predecessor organizations. Issues such as Agent Orange exposure, hearing problems, cancer, PTSD and others are more common than they perhaps should be. Bob Cope will do some research and author a white paper for the Agency Surgeon General in hopes of drawing appropriate attention to the problems. Ken Williams will invite the SG to the August FTVA meeting.
C. SEPTEMBER FTVA Newsletter. 1 August is the deadline for input for the September FTVA Newsletter. All inputs need to go to Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen.
6. CORRESPONDENCE. NTR
7. AROUND THE ROOM:
A. Col Urrutia-Varhall will assume duties as the Agency A3 at the end of July. She is coming to us from the 67th Network Warfare Wing.
B. Gordon Summers and Doyle Larson have both been nominated for the National Security Agency Hall of Honor.
C. Outlying FTVA Chapters participation in our Newsletter, website, and other forums has been hit or miss. Would like to see more consistent participation.
D. Seeking ideas for a gift for the banquet guest speaker, Lt Gen (ret) Clapper.
8. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1450. The next meeting will be held on Friday, August 15, 2008, in the Air Force ISR Agency Commander’s Conference Room in Larson Hall (building 2007) on Security Hill (Lackland Air Force Base) 1330.
|Our mailing address is:||
To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:
Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616
|File last updated: February 21, 2013 7:28:06 PM CST|