FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION 4/18/2008
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. APRIL 18, 2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU BOD Conference Room. Attendance:
|Chris Cook - President
||Bob Cope - Treasurer
|Dennis "Rass" Rassmussen-Acting Secretary
|| Joe Hurst
|MSgt Frank Kane
||MSgt John Knotts
|MSgt Rafael Rodriguez
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the March 2008 meeting were read and approved.
3. TREASURER'S REPORT: The Treasurer's Report was presented and filed for audit.
Ken Williams led a brief discussion on the status of AF ISR Agency's progress on obtaining display models of Compass Call, U2, Predator, Global Hawk and Rivet Joint aircraft.
4. OLD BUSINESS: FTVA REUNION UPDATE:
a. SPRING SOCIAL: Once again, the Spring Social at the Kelly Club Ballroom on the 12th of April was well done. Greg Roman's presentation was entertaining and enjoyable. Good feedback is being received from the returning heroes. Chris Cook asked Ken O'Neal to see if ISR Public Affairs would like to do include something about the event in the Spokesman.
b. ANNIVERSARY EVENTS.
1) HATS. Bob Crabtree has made the order of 300 embroidered hats, tan and black in color. It was confirmed that a donation rate of $15 per hat will be appropriate.
2) 60th Anniversary Discussion: Joe Hurst indicated that everything is on track for the Golf Tournament. The course is undergoing major renovations. Everything's good to go for the Hall of Honor ceremony. Ken Williams assured us that the Gateway Club is all set and confirmed that the guest speaker will be Gen Clapper. He indicated we might include a 60th Anniversary Cake for dessert. The ticket prices will remain at $25. The BOD asked MSgt Knotts to check on pricing and availability of (300) coins as mementos of the occasion. (Reminder: The August 2008 FTVA BOD meeting is planned for Security Hill in the Air Force ISR Agency Commander's Conference Room on the 15th of August. This will be the last meeting before the reunion, and allow Major General Koziol an opportunity to provide input.)
5. NEW BUSINESS.
a. Linking website: Bob Baert reviewed the subject of linking the "Together We Served" AF website with our FTVA website. The former is an outside pay site and inappropriate for us to join.
b. Plaques for aircraft models: (see item 3 above) The BOD will stand by for progress report from Ken Williams on the status of AFISR's negotiations with the foundry and industry for additional models.
c. Annual Contribution for AFISR Agency Ambassadors: Ambassadors will be formally introduced on April 25 at 8:30 in BALA. Bob Cope suggested we could always help should the need arise.
d. Reunion Banquet Meal and Mementos: See item 4b2 above.
- Heritage Chapter Donation for NCOA deactivation: The Goodfellow NCO Academy Commandant has enlisted the support of the local Heritage chapter for this activity. Motion was made to contribute between $250 - $500 to the Chapter for this purpose, the amount contingent on discussions between Treasurer Bob Cope and Heritage Chapter president J.J. Graham.
- Security Hill Top-3 Car Show Donation request: MSgt Frank Kane briefed this year's 2nd annual Military Appreciation Car Show program to be held on May 17th. Proceeds from this project benefit Operation Comfort at BAMC and Quality of Life Initiatives. The BOD agreed to contribute $250 to help support this effort.
6. AROUND THE ROOM: MSgt Knotts is retiring from the AF on May 22. He introduced MSgt Rafael Rodriguez to be his replacement as Sensor Olympics Superintendent. Bob Cope made a motion, and it was seconded and passed, that FTVA initially support Sensor Olympics with $4000 as we did last year, with additional monies to be approved should that prove necessary. Reminder: May 1st is cutoff date for input to the June edition of the FTVA Newsletter.
7. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1510. The next meeting will be held on Friday, May 16, 2008, in the SSFCU Board of Directors Conference Room at 1330.
Dennis L. Rassmussen