Thursday, April 27, 2017
1. SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1220 hours in HQ Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Agency’s Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA), Larson Hall (Building 2007) on Security Hill. Chris opened the meeting by expressing his gratitude for all the membership support for the reunion activities.
2. QUORUM. President Cook called for a quorum. Sue Douglas, FTVA Vice President, determined we have a quorum. Meeting proceeded.
3. MINUTES: The 2007 FTVA General Membership Meeting minutes from September 29, 2007 were read and approved.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: The Treasurer’s Report was presented, discussed, and filed. The recent trend has seen an increase in individuals contributing to the Vigilant Partners Program.
5. VIGILIANT PARTNERS PROGRAM. Jim McLendon was introduced as the new Chair for the Vigilant Partner’s Program.
6. HISTORY REPORT. Hard copies of the FTVA Annual History report were made available, and Marco Aldaz announced he is stepping down as the Chair of the FTVA History Program.
7. MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT. This year we broke our membership efforts into two programs. Bob Baert is the Chair for the Membership Support Program, and he continues to do great things for us on the website and other areas.
8. MEMBERSHIP. This new program focuses specifically on increasing our membership in the organization, with Kenny O’Neal as the Chair for the Membership Program. It was refreshing to see the number of new memberships that signed up at the picnic and golf tournament.
9. HALL OF HONOR. Program Chair Bob Sherwood reported that the first year we had a Hall of Honor induction was in 1983, and this year was our 26th consecutive year of inducting members into our Hall of Honor. With the new inductees for 2008, there are a total of 151 members in the Hall. A sincere thanks to the entire Selection Committee. A reminder that the nomination packages are due by the first Monday in June, which happens to be June 1st in 2009.
10. AIR FORCE ISR AGENCY LIAISON. President Chris Cook introduced Col Amanda Gladney as the Air Force ISR Agency Liaison.
11. SOCIAL ACTIVITIES. Program Chair Ken Williams announced that the attendance for the banquet this year meets the Lackland Gateway Club capacity of 320. Last year there were about 250 attendees, so there is a large increase in participation. Guest Speaker will be Gen Clapper, who “grew up” with us and is truly one of us. The doors will open early, and there will be three or four bars open to accommodate everyone. Participation in the Spring Fling is growing as well, which is an event we use to honor members who are returning from deployments. The picnic appeared to be one of the larger crowds in a while.
12. NEWSLETTER. Dan “Dap” D’Apolito made a motion to promote Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen from Newsletter Cub Reporter Trainee to full-fledged Newsletter Editor. Motion was seconded, and approved. Rass is now the Chair of the Newsletter Program.
13. PICNIC. Picnic program Chair AJ Harrison requested feedback from everyone on what can be done to make the event better. There was about $600 received in donations, and the five kegs of refreshments were gone early thanks to the larger than normal crowd.
14. CHAPTER REPORT. Heritage Chapter (San Angelo, TX -- JJ Graham President). The Heritage Chapter continues as a small but robust group. A sincere thank you to FTVA for all the fantastic support over the years. There was a great ceremony when the NCO Academy was de-activated, and all the memorabilia from that facility is still intact. There is a small committee working to ensure everything ends up in the right home.
15. ELECTION OF OFFICERS. The positions of Treasurer and Secretary are up for re-election. Nominations consist of Bob Cope for Treasurer and Loren “Phred” Sevening for Secretary. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to close the nominations and elect Bob as Treasuerer and Phred as Secretary.
16. OPEN FORUM.
17. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 1315. The next FTVA Board of Directors meeting will be on October 17, 2008 in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330. Remain in Touch!
|Our mailing address is:||
To E-mail the Freedom Through Vigilance Association,
select one of the below:
Freedom Through Vigilance Association
PO Box 691616
San Antonio, TX 78269-1616
|File last updated: February 21, 2013 7:28:05 PM CST|